with Jeremy Westcott –
The Kingdom of God is filling the earth.
You continued looking until a stone was cut out without hands, and it struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and crushed them. Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were crushed all at the same time and became like chaff from the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them was found. But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth Daniel 2:34-35 .
Daniel is interpreting the dream the king has had, in which he has seen a statue representing four empires: Babylon, Persia, Greece and Rome. In the time of the Roman Empire, a stone was to be cut out. That stone is Jesus and the mountain is His kingdom, which will fill the whole earth:
In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which will never be destroyed, and that kingdom will not be left for another people; it will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, but it will itself endure forever (Daniel 2:44).
So God is setting up a kingdom which will not fail. It explicitly tells us that it is not going to be left for another people. It is going to overcome all the other kingdoms. These are truths that the enemy has fought hard to keep from us, because if we really get hold of them we will no longer be sitting around saying, ‘Jesus, come and rescue us’. Instead we will be saying, ‘Come, Lord Jesus, empower us to play our part in seeing this victory, the kingdom of God filling the earth’.
Here is another passage about the same kingdom:
I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed’
Now, is this all just pie in the sky? Let me give you some facts and figures about how the kingdom is advancing. Let’s look at what God has done since 120 people in an upper room were empowered by the Holy Spirit and fire, spilled out onto the street and eventually into the whole world.
- In AD100, there were 360 non-Christians for every true believer, a ratio of 360:1. Today, the ratio is less than 7:1. That means that the kingdom of God is filling the earth. It really is.
- No Christian was officially allowed to live in Nepal until 1960. Now there is a church in every one of the 75 districts of Nepal with estimates of over half a million believers in that nation.
- Every day, 20,000 Africans come to Christ. Africa was 3% Christian in 1900 but today it is over 50% Christian.That is a whole continent where more than half the people are Christians.
- In 1900 Korea had no Protestant church and the country was deemed impossible to penetrate. Today Korea is 30% Christian with 7000 churches in Seoul alone (and several of those churches have over 1,000,000 members each).
- Every day 50,000 people in countries served by Asia Access come to Christ.
- There are currently 60-80 million Christians in China with up to 25,000 converts a day. That is thought to be a very conservative estimate indeed. The church there is growing fast, under persecution.
- 35,000 conversions occur in Latin America daily
If only 1 out of every 6 believers reproducedthemselves one time each year, that is if just one in six of us made a single disciple each year (and one in six of those did the same), the entire world would be reached for Christ in 8 years! That is even without a massive outpouring, even without the River of Life being released into the earth as we believe it will be.
Jesus said the kingdom was going to be like leaven spreading through the dough. He also said it would be like a little seed that grows into a massive tree.
Make no mistake about it. We are winning. The kingdom of God is filling the earth. We belong to that kingdom, and that kingdom belongs to us.
Related articles from FreedomARC
- Challenging The Sacred Cows
- Demonic Doctrines In The Church
- Centre Of The World Stage
- Characteristics of the Joshua Generation (#1-5)
Resources from others
- Great Commission 2020 – a moment-by-moment live view of people visiting Gospel Media Outreach websites from all over the world, indicating decisions for Jesus, and asking for follow-up.
Are you part of the Joshua Generation who will lead people into their inheritance and encourage them to do the same for others?
Check this out…
Sign up today and get access* to the programme right away.
The cost is just £5.00 [GBP] a month (about US$6.50**).
To find out more about the Engaging God programme, click here…
*Technology permitting: automated process on receipt of payment and completion of online registration form. Terms and conditions apply.
**Approximate equivalent (October 2016). Exchange rates vary.
Read more here…
Sons Of Issachar is a blog edited and maintained by Jeremy Westcott on behalf of Freedom Apostolic Resources. ©2011-2015 Freedom Apostolic Resources Freedom Apostolic Resources is a trading style of Freedom Trust, a charity registered in England. Registered charity number 1039290. Registered office: Freedom Centre, 1 Howard Avenue, Barnstaple EX32 8QA, UK.